Today, I have an exciting post to share with you! I have been nominated by the lovely Mona from Curls & Cakes for the Liebster Blog Award, which is made to get to know better the bloggers you enjoy reading. I am so happy that Mona nominated me, because I've been following her through Instagram and then her blog for a while, she makes the best cakes and has the cutest wardrobe ever! (click here to read Mona's Liebster Blog Award post).
I'll start by sharing eleven randoms facts about me, and then answer the Q&A. Keep reading, and I hope you'll enjoy!
| Eleven Facts About Me |
1. I am of Portuguese origin (but I was born in France).
2. I have another blog, written in French, in collaboration with a friend of mine.
3. I chose to study German in secondary school, and I loved it. Then I completely lost track and I've forgotten pretty much everything I knew! :(
4. My favourite book of all time in Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë, and I will get a tattoo of one of the quotes I like best in the near future.
5. When I was in my first year of secondary school (I was then 11), I wrote a short story called 'The Ghost of the Library' with my friend (who happens to be the friend with whom I'm writing a blog now). We were so proud of that story!
6. I love Art and History, so museums and historical houses are my favourite places in the world. Sometimes I just want to talk about Marie Antoinette or Roman temples, and then I remember that I might bore people to death!
7. I have a guinea pig called Charlie and he is the cutest! Here is a photo because why not.
8. I love British period dramas. Currently, I'm watching Outlander, I'm not too sure about the storyline, but I still enjoy the characters and the beautiful Scottish scenery.
9. I am a Harry Potter fan, and I'm a Hufflepuff!
10. My favourite cities are Rome, Winchester and Paris.
11. Tom Hiddleston is my celebrity crush, and looks like the perfect English gentleman to me! :P (funnily enough, I actually met Tom on Monday and my life is complete now!)
| The Q&A |
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
I had been reading blogs for years before starting my own, and seeing other people having fun and enjoying the process of writing a blog, I thought why not me! I really wanted to write about things I like and interact with people who have the same interests as me.
2. Who is your favourite style icon?
I don't have a style icon in particular, I used to read fashion magazines all the time when I was younger but I've detached myself from that slightly. But I'd say I love Kate Middleton's style, she always looks so elegant and timeless.
3. Can you name two of your favourite bloggers and explain why they are your favourites?
This is such a hard question! If I have to pick two, one has to be Louise from Pandora. She's a French blogger and her style and lifestyle is inspired by art of the past decades (and centuries). She does the most beautiful photoshoots! The other blogger I'm choosing is Carrie from Wish Wish Wish. I love her style, and she seems to be a fun and lovely lady!
4. What's one wardrobe essential you can't live without?
My wardrobe essential would be a pretty lace dress. Lace is my absolute favourite, I've got several lace dresses and they just look good no matter what - a lace dress and a pair of low boots (or sandals in the summer) and you're ready to go!
5. How would you describe your blogging style?
I don't have a particular style of blogging, in the sense that I can't choose just one topic to blog about. I like to talk about beauty, about fashion sometimes, and of course I love to share about places I visit and love. That is just me in written form, basically!
6. What is your greatest achievement apart from blogging?
This is a tricky one, but I'd say that my greatest achievement for now is that I've found what I really want to do in the future, I now know where I want to be and I speak up for myself. Being insecure is awful, and in recent years I've really grown to feel accomplished and that is my greatest achievement!
7. What was the last book you read?
I've actually just finished Lark Rise to Candleford by Flora Thompson, about the life and customs of an English village and its hamlet in the 19th century. It is a very informative book - well, if you want to know about rural life in 19th-century England haha.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I'd go to the Harry Potter park in Orlando (just like Mona actually!), that is one of my goals in life basically! :P Or I'd go and visit ancient Roman settlements in countries like Libya, Lebanon or Syria. Of course this is not quite the right moment to go there, and I'm not sure I'll have the chance to go one day but I'd love to see Roman archaeological sites outside of Europe.
9. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself living in England, and teaching French there. Hopefully I'll have written my first novel by then (I have the ideas, all I need is to put them into words) and I'll still be blogging, of course!
10. What was the first movie or book that made an impact on your life?
Obviously, it is Harry Potter both in film and book form! I have a bond with the Harry Potter saga that I can't explain, but this world just makes me so happy and I know I'll always have that in my life. It is not just books, it is a lifestyle! :P
11. What advice would you give someone who just started blogging?
I'd say, don't try to imitate other bloggers because what they do is cool. It is most likely not going to turn out as it does for them, basically because they are unique and so are you! Enjoy the whole process of blogging, write posts you enjoy and speak to people. Communicate with them, answer to your comments, engage in conversations! That is how you really take part in the community.
Now, my nominees for this award!
~ Roisin from Roisin Grace
~ Georgia from Blossoming Daydreams
~ Fleur from Fleur Danielle
~ Rebecca from Rebecca Coco
~ Sarah from What Sarah Writes
~ Ana Céline from Ana Céline Labod
~ Shaira from Shaira Manalo
~ Imii from Nettle & Blackberry
~ Anna from Anna in Wonderland
~ Victoria from VIP XO
~ Farihah from Cutie Pie Frizzy
That's it for this (very) long post, I'm glad I was able to do it and I hope you'll enjoy getting to know a bit more about me! If you've done this post too, leave it in the comments and I'll check it out!