The Manicure Moment: Festive Glitter Nails

by - December 29, 2016


This year, my choice of festive mani was quite easy and straightforward - red, gold and glitter! That's Christmas at its best, isn't it? I have worn this manicure for Christmas Eve, Christmas day and the entire following week, and just looking at my nails made me feel happy and festive.

The base colour is n°754 Pandore by Dior, a beautiful, bright red with orange undertones. I bought this nail polish this summer because it was the perfect shade for that season, however it is also a classic colour that can be worn throughout the year - and especially around Christmas time!
On my ring finger, I am wearing three coats of pure gold glitter, All Sparkly and Gold by OPI. This is one of my favourite nail polishes, it is slightly irritating to remove but it just looks amazing. On my other nails, I have decided to go for bigger chunks of glitter, with my oldie but goodie Stay Golden by H&M. I have applied it in a sort of gradient effect so that my nails weren't completely covered in glitter. 

I have noticed that generally when you use glitter nail polishes, you can go without top coat because the extra layer of glitter gives you a longer lasting effect already. You can go a full week with neat nails if you've got glitter on! Another good reason to wear these sparkly nail polishes again and again, right? ;)

How did you paint your nails for the festive season this year?

Lots of love,
Julia x

You May Also Like

10 commentaires

  1. I only managed red. I was planning on some glitter too, but my kids kept my hands so busy I was happy to manage at least some color.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand how hard it must be to look after children around that time of year, when they're so excited and happy! xx

      Delete
  2. Love it. Please check out my NYE 2017 hairstyles tutorial!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove

    Twitter @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  3. The combination of red and gold works so beautifully at this time of year - your nails look so pretty! Totally get what you mean about glitter helping your mani last longer, that's so true :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's indeed one of the best colour combinations for Christmas! Thanks Gabrielle, have a happy new year! xx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful post!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com
    https://www.instagram.com/themakeupaficionado17/
    https://au.pinterest.com/bernadette_95/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh your nails are soso beautiful, Julia! This is my favourite festive nail look so far, I adore the red and gold together and the lil sprinkle of glitter :D your photos are beautiful also, tres belle! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
  6. It wouldn't have been Christmas without lashing of festive nail colours! These choices were beautiful :) xo

    Edition Emmagrace - Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute colors<3

    vnssachn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Disqus comment count