How To Make Your Uni Room Feel Like Home?

by - March 11, 2015

Today I'm trying a different kind of post. The idea just came as I was looking around my room: I'm living in a hall this year, and it is the first time that I've got my own space (obviously I have my room in my parents' place, but I mean it's the first place where I live on my own). It can be quite difficult to make a very random room look familiar and homey, and since September I've found a few helpful things to feel more at home in my uni room. 

I wanted to share with you a few tips, in case you're still trying to figure out how to arrange your room or if you're going to live in halls next year. 'Better be prepared! ;)


1 ~ Photos, because memories keep you happy




Of course I had to mention photographs. When you move away from friends and family, all you want is to remember them and keep them close to your heart. If you feel homesick, just look at these pictures on your wall and you'll feel better! You can also add pretty photo frames, you can find them for quite cheap in Primark. Photos aren't just fit for Instagram, you may want to print them and have them around you!


2 ~ Fairy lights, so Tumblr-inspired



Who doesn't love fairy lights? It is just a joy to have them around your bed area (if you're lucky enough to have a headboard, which I don't!) or around your desk. Again, you can find some for around £2 or £3 in Primark, what a bargain! 
At Christmas I had cute reindeer lights, and now I've switched them to standard white fairy lights. Cute and comforting!


3 ~ Teddy bears or cuddly toys - no, we're never too old for that




Maybe you don't like teddy bears, but I've never seen anybody who doesn't have at least one in their room. So if you take your favourite cuddly toy with you, you'll always feel comforted and secure! I've got quite a few of them, so I've chosen just one - my Flounder that I got in DisneyLand Paris, because he's so cute. I also got a tiny squirrel in a shop in Hyde Park, London, because since I'm in England I've fell in love with squirrels. Aren't they the cutest?


4 ~ Books or DVDs, for cosy days in



When you're at uni, you tend to go out a lot, night and day, and maybe your room isn't the place where you spend the most of your time in. But when you do stay in on lazy days, you should always have something to look forward to to keep you busy! Of course you could do your homework and be all serious and stuff, but you may as well take some time to snuggle up in your bed with a good book or a film. Having them on your shelf, instead of just getting them on your laptop, is a way to add some personality to the room.


5 ~ Be organised, because living in a mess is definitely not helpful

Makeup bag/storage: Primark

We tend to struggle with tidying our rooms in general, and having everything at its right place. But truly, it is worth spending some time organising your things, creating small spaces for everything, so that you don't get lost in a stressful mess. I'm sure it is scientifically proven that we feel more at peace in a place that's neat and that looks put together. And, we'll all agree it's always better to have a nice room for when you have people unexpectedly visiting you!

***

So these are my ultimate tips to get a bit more homeliness into my uni room! 
I'd love to hear your own tips on the matter, what do you do to feel like home in your uni hall? Tell me everything ;)
FOLLOW ME ON: BLOGLOVIN' ¤ INSTAGRAM ¤ TWITTER
 ♥

You May Also Like

0 commentaires

Disqus comment count