The £2 Hair Routine That Works

by - April 04, 2018


Sounds suspicious? It's not. Read on.

I have a very simple hair routine: shampoo, conditioner, oil mask once a week. I've been trying a lot of products over the years, and never really found a magic combo that would make me want to ditch everything else. On my quest for good hair products, I sometimes found myself in Poundland - UK readers will know - because they have Dove shampoos and I like those.
One day, I decided to try out a shampoo and conditioner duo that were new to me from the Xpel Argan Oil range. One pound each, you can't do cheaper than that! And although I wasn't expecting much of either of them, I was actually really pleasantly surprised. These are rather good products!


First off, they contain 300mL which would last you quite a while. Second thing: they smell amazing. It's a clear, 'professional' scent which reminds me of hairdresser products. I always use the two products together, and they make my hair really smooth. When my hair dries, it is soft and untangled, and my curls look really defined and not frizzy at all. Needless to say I've been quite impressed by Argan Oil and I've repurchased them recently. Now I am not saying they are the best product in the world of shampoos and conditioners, but they do an amazing job for their price - I could be paying £8 in Boots for a shampoo that would give me the same result, which, we'll agree, is unnecessary - if you can find a good bargain, just go for it!
Anyway if you spot these in Boots, give them a try - you might enjoy them as much as I do, and if they don't work as well on you, at least you wouldn't have spent a fortune!

What's the best and cheapest hair products you've tried?
FOLLOW ME ON: BLOGLOVIN' ¤ INSTAGRAM
 ♥

You May Also Like

16 commentaires

  1. That stuff sounds really good. I've never heard of that brand before but i'll have to check them out.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really worth checking out, especially at that price! xx

      Delete
  2. Those sound very nice ! I love the Garnier ones !
    https://thefrenchiestblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to find my hair care holy grail, but the most effective thing I have found is deep conditioning with coconut oil. Budget friendly as well, although a little more pricey than your choices.

    Anne|Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am yet to try coconut oil, but I've always heard amazing things about it! xx

      Delete
  4. I saw them in Poundland, but I wasn't tempted to buy them. I have issues with cheaper shampoo, my hair doesn't look as good. But, these sound good. I might try them, to see if they work for me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be a personal thing, you might not find that these products work as well for you but it might be worth giving them a try! xx

      Delete
  5. Oh wow I'm so amazed by the prices of these products, wow! I'm addicted to a shampoo by Kerastase right now, but these so sound great.. and a hell of a lot more affordable haha :) Have a wonderful week ahead Julia!!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever heard good things about Kerastase! It's clearly not the same price though haha, I personally don't tend to spend lots on shampoo because I have never found that more expensive hair products made a difference to my hair. It is so difficult to find the perfect products! xx

      Delete
  6. Any haircare product that contains Morrocan and/or Argan oil is my cup of tea! They literally make the hair feel so incredible so its no wonder these products are amazing despite their price tag as those ingredients are magic for the hair.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely an ingredient that makes a difference on the hair, that is very true! It might be why these two products are so good! xx

      Delete
  7. I used to use a Moroccan or Argan oil shampoo and conditioner (can't remeber which) and they smelled so nice! Right now I'm using a cien argan oil for my hair after I wash it and it's honestly amazing :)

    Sarah | www.whatsarahwrites.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do smell really nice yes, as well as being great for the hair! I've never tried Cien but always wondered if it was a good brand - if it is, it's quite a good bargain too! xx

      Delete
  8. I'll have to keep an eye out for these in Poundland! There are some really good thing at the moment in Poundland!

    Katie xx
    www.amikatie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poundland has some really good products sometimes! xx

      Delete

Disqus comment count