A Pixi Skincare Review

by - February 18, 2017


Let's overlook the fact that I took these photos at Christmas, shall we? ;)
During the Black Friday sales, I spotted an amazing gift set from the brand Pixi in Marks&Spencer - best part is, it was reduced from £70 to an incredible £30. I literally jumped on the occasion and got the kit straight away. I've wanted to try out Pixi products for months, and I interpreted that as a sign of the blogging gods begging me to do so!
The kit was composed of four products, and here are my thoughts on each of them.

PIXI MAKEUP MELTING CLEANSING CLOTHS
This is a fancy way of calling their makeup remover wipes. As we all know, it is not advised to use makeup wipes very often, however these are super handy for travelling by plane. I've had the opportunity to take them with me on a couple of trips last year, and I haven't been disappointed. These wipes do a very good job at removing the makeup, even mascara and liquid lipstick - although I haven't tried them with waterproof makeup. They are really gentle and pleasant to use, and you don't have to rub the skin the remove the makeup. 
These are the only makeup wipes I've ever tried (apart from a cheap last-minute buy from Poundland) so I couldn't compare them to any other wipes on the market. However, I think it's safe to say that these are great if you're looking for wipes that won't dry out your skin.
They are £10 and you can find them here

PIXI GLOW TONIC 
The Glow Tonic is probably the most famous product from the brand - at least it's the product I'd heard about the most. The brand calls it an exfoliating toner, although of course it doesn't have any exfoliating beads as you can find in scrubs. I use it morning or evening, sometimes both, on clear skin. As the name suggests, it makes your skin brighter and clearer. I can definitely see a difference before and after using it: my skin seems clearer and totally clean, without being glowy or anything at all - there is no oil, so it works really well on combination to oily skins too. Even though I probably won't be purchasing it again as I want to try out other products from the brand, I highly recommend it, you'll see the difference!
The tonic is £18 and you can find it here.

PIXI GLOW MUD CLEANSER
So at first I thought this was the Mud Mask everybody keeps raving about, and I was so excited to try it out... Until I realised it was actually the cleanser, not the mask. Well done me! I wasn't disappointed though, as this cleanser is awesome and it is a firm favourite in my skincare routine at the moment. I use it morning and evening (sometimes switching with another cleanser so as to make it last longer!). It has to be used on damp skin, and massaged into the skin for thirty seconds. The texture is not too thick, and you don't need a lot of product each time you use it. Once you rinse it off, my skin is so soft and clear, I'm always impressed by the results even after using it for a couple months now. This has to be my favourite product of the bunch, and I might actually repurchase it one day.
The cleanser is £18 and you will find it here.


PIXI ROSE OIL BLEND
Although I never usually use oil to moisturise my face, I was quite curious about this oil. First of all, the smell is divine - some might find it granny-ish and be put off by it, but I find it lovely and somehow sophisticated. It comes in a dropper which is really handy, you can get the right amount of product drop by drop instead of ending up with oil everywhere. The Rose Oil Blend is not a product I use very often, I tend to keep it to twice or three times a week depending on how my skin feels. 
This oil doesn't make the skin greasy at all, and I have found that it helps a lot with dehydrated areas - which for me is around the nose and cheeks. It claims to make the skin luminous, and I do think this is true: combined with the Glow Mud Cleanser and the Glow Tonic, my skin has been looking brighter these past few weeks. Plus it's a product that will last you months and months, and I'd advise to use it only when you feel like your skin needs a little moisture pick-me-up.
The oil is £26 and you can find it here.


This kit has made me want to try out more Pixi products, so please do give me recommendations if you have any!

Have you ever tried Pixi skincare? Would you consider trying out one of these products?

Lots of love,
Julia x

You May Also Like

17 commentaires

  1. Wow, such an amazing bargain! It's always so lovely to get to try high end products - I'm always scouring my local TK Maxx haha as most high end products are beyond my budget xD such a lovely review, I love your photographs! Also I laughed a lot when I read you had taken them at Christmas, that's totally something I would do and then post them in the summmer xD I would love to try these one day, I wonder if they are okay for sensitive skin! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, TK Maxx is definitely a place to go to find good bargains! The rose oil blend would be great to nourish your sensitive skin, I'd be more careful with the cleanser though! xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Rose Oil blend :) I love Pixi Skincare and the Glow Tonic and Mud Cleanser are two of my favourites!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd probably love it, it's very hydrating so you might want to give it a go next winter! xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your review! I'll definitely check this products out!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried anything from Pixi but I've heard amazing things about the brand! I'm so tempted to try out the Glow Tonic, it sounds amazing!

    Rachel | Beauty and the Bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them out, they're really worth it! The Glow Tonic is great, and I think the Glow Mud cleanser would work well with your skin too :) xx

      Delete
  5. Such a great review, dear! I want to try the famous toner as well).

    XO

    Daria

    http://www.dbkstylez.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Mud Cleanser sounds amazing, and even more so as it has been your favourite Pixi product out of the set. You're right about the Glow Tonic being hugely popular; I've heard so many good things about it!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the product I'd recommend the most out of the four, it can be part of anybody's skincare routine! xx

      Delete
  7. Wow this set looks gorgeous, I didn't realise TK Maxx sold Pixi I need to get myself into town to check out my nearest store as I would love to try this out...

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no this set is from Marks&Spencer - you'll find all the Pixi products there, skincare and makeup, and all the new releases like the Double Cleanse that's been out recently! xx

      Delete
  8. As you know I am a big fan of the Glow Tonic (just repurchased) and the Glow Mud Ckeanse. The Glow Mud mask is nice and definitely worth trying, but it is more dupeable than the cleanser. The hydrating milky serum is a favorite of mine as well, it is hydrating without being heavy, great for combination skin.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was mainly you that made me want to try out Pixi, so I thank you for that! I'll probably be repurchasing the Glow Mud cleanser when mine runs out. The Milky Serum sounds good for my skin, I'll have to give it a go too then. Thanks Anne! xx

      Delete
  9. I didn't know they did a Rose oil, sounds promising.
    Great post!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. the kit looks fab! I really really want to try out the Glow Tonic, it looks incredible! I love the idea of the mud cleanser too, love love love!

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete

Disqus comment count