My Everyday Makeup Favourites

by - March 13, 2016


I am sure most of us use the exact same makeup products on a weekly basis, to go to work or to school/uni for example. When you're in a rush in the morning, you don't want to spend too much time rummaging through your makeup stash to find the perfect shade of lipstick that will go with the rest of your look. Today I am going to share with you my everyday makeup favourites, the products that I tend to use the most when I want to look put together but without spending too much time in the bathroom.

♥ Too Faced, Better than Sex Mascara: this mascara is super famous now, but it is worth the fame! It makes the lashes look voluminous and full, so it's not a natural mascara. If you want to go for something less dramatic this is not the one for you, but if you like dark and full lashes even on a day-to-day basis like I do, this would be really useful to you! The great thing about it is that it makes you lashes really stand out, so if you're not wearing any eyeshadow or liner but still want your eyes to get noticed, it does a great job and gives you a very fluttery eyelash look.
♥ Make Up For Ever, Full Cover Concealer: I think I've already mentioned this concealer on the blog, but I'm not sure so I decided to include it in this post! Also because I use it every single day, the coverage is great so all your blemishes are covered in a matter of seconds. I also use it under my eyes to hide my blue circles slightly. As the coverage is so good, you can use just this one product to even out and clear your skin in one go. When I'm not feeling like wearing foundation, I use it on its own, with a face powder to finish off the face. This one and only step is enough on 'low maintenance' days!
♥ By Terry, Ombre Blackstar Eyeshadow Stick in 'Misty Rock': I had featured this eyeshadow stick in my last beauty haul (link) and said that I was in love with it; a few weeks after I've had the chance to use it more, it's become one of my go-to eyeshadows! The texture is amazing, honestly I couldn't tell you what I find more exciting about this product, the gorgeous, sparkly shade or the creamy soft texture. It blends out so easily and quickly, I only use it with my fingers. It literally takes me ten seconds in the morning: I apply the product on my lid, I blend out the edges with my little finger and if needed I add a bit of product here and there to give make it more intense. The colour is quite hard to describe, a sort of beigy taupe colour that creates a wonderful neutral look. I knew it would become a favourite of mine, and it has!
♥ O.P.I., Bubble Bath Nail Polish: for everyday looks, you want to be wearing a nail polish that will look nice with different styles of outfits. Nude shades are perfect for that, whether it be pink nudes or beige nudes. This O.P.I. polish is my favourite because it is more on the pink side and if you apply three coats of it, you can have a pretty opaque finish. It is easy to apply and I always reach for it when I want simple nails. As you may be able to see in the pictures see, I've used half of it already!
♥ MAC, Fast Play Amplified Lipstick: this lipstick was also mentioned in my beauty haul, and lots of you in the comments seemed to like it! I'll have to show you it in a makeup look one day. I've been using it every time I don't want to spend ages creating a perfect bold lip. This pinky nude shade is so versatile, it'll look great with any outfit and makeup look, really.

What are your favourites makeup products to use on a daily basis?

Lots of love,
Julia x

You May Also Like

22 commentaires

  1. Love your picks! That nail polish looks so nice. The Mac lipstick as well x

    Lina / lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lina! They're both great :) xx

      Delete
  2. Interesting choices. I love the nail polish and the lipstick. I'd love to see those in a tutorial.
    I don't use much makeup on a daily basis, but I do love to use Benetint and Benebalm by Benefit. That and a concealer and powder and I'm good to go!

    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to put together a makeup tutorial soon then :D Benetint is great because it just adds a little bit of colour to the face and lips, just what we need on a day-to-day basis! xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful choices ❤ I must try the foundation as the blue around my eyes is terrible xo
    ohhjacquiblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui! I understand how annoying dark circles are, you should try out the concealer :) xx

      Delete
  4. Great products, I love the nail polish color. I'm all about nudes color right now. Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? If you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back as soon as possible. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nudes are the best for this transitional period! I'll check out your blog and your bloglovin, sure! xx

      Delete
  5. Great products, I love the nail polish color. I'm all about nudes color right now. Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? If you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back as soon as possible. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every week day I am in a rush so I have a quick and simple makeup routine :) Mascara and lipstick are my everyday essentials, even if I don't have time to apply foundation, I must apply these two then at least I look awake :) x

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, eyes and lips can make a difference in how awake and 'fresh' you look! A little blusher can help too to add some life into a tired face :P xx

      Delete
  7. Really really really want to try out the By Terry backstar sticks! They look amazing!

    https://dreamingoffithavenue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing, trust me! You should treat yourself to one - or have someone kindly get you one as a gift ;) xx

      Delete
  8. Too Faced, better than sex mascara was my best beauty discovery of 2015! I love it. I just also wanted to say thanks for always commenting on my blog posts :) It doesn't go unnoticed!

    www.iamdaisyalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great mascara isn't it? And thank you, I'm glad you enjoy my comment - as you might guess, I love your blog and content :) xx

      Delete
  9. I love the Too Faced better then sex mascara, but I find I can only use it if I have eyeliner on, otherwise it makes such a mess by my lashline that it's almost ridiculous! Does that happen to you?

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does happen sometimes, I think it is because the wand carries quite a lot of product and it's easy to get black everywhere when you don't pay attention. Usually I apply it very carefully so that it doesn't smudge on the eyelid, although it does take more time that usual! xx

      Delete
  10. The By Terry shadow stick looks gorgeous - I love reading all about different peoples make-up choices!

    www.cultivationofjasmin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to know what people wear, even to get opinions on products to see if you want to try them out! xx

      Delete
  11. I love your picks Julia, especially the shadow stick and nail polish - bubble bath is such a cool name haha! I would love to give those a try :D beautiful shades! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OPI always nail it (I had to make this pun, sorry :P) when it comes to naming their nail polishes! This nail polish is totally a shade I'd see you wearing :) xx

      Delete
  12. I definitely need to try some of these - the mascara and concealer sound fab! Great post, thanks for sharing :)

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Disqus comment count