31/01/2016

♥ Undress Your Makeup ♥


Generally, we tend to associate our makeup with our clothes – say, if you're wearing a cute retro dress, you'll most likely wear black eyeliner and a bold lipstick. But why not wearing makeup depending on what lingerie we are wearing?
I'd never thought about the idea to be honest, but wearing beautiful lingerie and amazing makeup can make you feel super powerful and feminine. In collaboration with the website Adore Me, I decided to work on makeup looks that can be worn with pretty sets of lingerie. I have selected two sets from their winter lookbook, and created two makeup looks around them. These are looks that I could totally see myself wear along with pretty lace underwear, so let me show you what I've come up with:


~ Breakfast in Bed: A Touch of Retro ~

Face: Clinique Age Defense BB Cream | Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer | Rimmel Stay Matte Powder | Agnès B. Poudre Croco Bronzing Powder
Eyes: Kiko Precision Eyeliner | Urban Decay, Sidecar Eyeshadow (Naked Palette 1) | YSL Effet Faux Cils Mascara
Lips: Carmex Original Lip Balm | H&M Lipstick in Marooned

This set immediately caught my eye. I love black lingerie, I think it always looks super chic without too much effort. This set looks very retro, especially the knickers. This is why I went for a makeup look featuring eyeliner and a red lip, because to me you can't do better than that ! To brighten up the eyes I added a line of beige eyeshadow on the top of the black liner. This is a really easy look to create, but it instantly adds a little something to the classic liner look. Instead of a bright red lip, I went for a darker red, not quite burgundy, with brick red undertones.
I also styled my hair in vintage curls, although these didn't turn out as well – my hair is still a bit too short for pin curling! By the way, I might do a blog post about pin curls one day, I really love this method to create retro hairstyles and I'd love to share it with you.

This makeup look really matches the lingerie set I think, and they would make a perfect combination for a fancy breakfast in bed! ;)


~ Let's Fall in Love: Dramatic Pink ~

Face: Clarins Instant Light Complexion Base | L'Oréal Infallible 24h Matte Foundation | Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer | Rimmel Stay Matte Powder | H&M Blusher in Sweet Rose (old)
Eyes: Urban Decay Blackheart (lid), Liar (outer corner), Burnout (inner corner), Factory (waterline) and Strange (brow bone), Naked Palette 3 | Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Lips: Carmex Original Lip Balm | Kiko Smart Lipstick n°914

To me, pink lingerie is also super feminine. I love all shades of pink, but because of my tan skintone bright pinks work better on me. This set is beautiful, the lace details at the bottom of the bra are great, because there is nothing prettier than lace against bare skin! I was inspired by the pinkness of this set to do my makeup, and went for a matching lipstick (although you can't really tell in these photos, the colour does look a lot like that of the lingerie). For a change, I thought a dark, smokey-type eye makeup would do. I never use the Blackheart shade from the Naked Palette 3 because it is so dark, but gorgeous - a black base with loads of purple and pink glitter. The key to dark eye makeup is blending - it does take a while, but the result is worth it! I also used my sample of the Clarins Instant Light base, which is meant to highlight your face and give it a nice glow. I don't use highlighting bases generally because of my skin type, but I have to say the result of the Clarins base is amazing, it gives a slight shimmer to the skin without being too glowy. A great product to use for special occasions! 

What do you think about these makeup looks? Do you enjoy wearing fancy lingerie?
This is not a sponsored post. All views are my own.
FOLLOW ME ON: BLOGLOVIN' ¤ INSTAGRAM
 ♥

16 comments:

  1. Both your makeup looks are gorgeous! I could definitely see myself wearing the first one! x

    Jodie // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodie! The first one is really wearable every day :) xx

      Delete
  2. The makeup is so beautiful! I think both looks are gorgeous, but because I love everything vintage the first look really caught my attention.
    The lingerie is beautiful.
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mona, I'm glad you like the looks :D I can totally see you wearing the first one as well! xx

      Delete
  3. These makeup looks both look lovely but I love the dramatic pink the most! But on the other hand I think that I prefer the retro lingerie :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's nice to go all out with makeup and wear dramatic looks! xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a good idea! Your first look is so pretty, I'm definitely going to try and recreate it. Would love if you could check out my recent fashion post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do recreate it, this is a look that can work on everybody! Of course, I'm going to check out your post :) xx

      Delete
  5. Such pretty makeup looks, first one is definitely my favourite x
    http://theworldofmegansmith.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do enjoy wearing fancy lingerie, but I never thought about matching my makeup to the things I am wearing.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never thought about it either, but it can be something nice to do on special occasions! :) xx

      Delete
  7. this is a really cool idea, both looks are really pretty!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both these looks and my your eyeliner is perfect ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Trishna! xx

      Delete