How I Style My Curly Hair

by - April 14, 2015



If you have curly hair, you'll know how difficult it is to take care of it and style it. Especially when you're keeping it long! So even though I'm constantly changing my hair routine and trying new products, I thought I could share my current hair routine with you.

When I wash my hair, I always use a shampoo for coloured hair. At the moment, I'm using the Dove Colour Radiance shampoo. I love Dove, their products are of great quality and really unexpensive.
Then I use a hair mask, not necessary for coloured hair - I switch between masks for dyed hair and for dry hair. My favourite haircare product is the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle, that I've been using for months now! I've got the one for coloured hair, the one for long hair, and the one to make the hair shine. My favourite is the coloured hair mask, it makes my hair so soft and actually quite shiny. I haven't got on really well with the long hair product, I'm not sure why - I'll have to keep using it and see if this changes!


Once my hair is clean, I leave it in a towel so that most of the water is absorbed - I find that when I let my hair down very wet, it is more frizzy and the curls have less shape. 



Then, on damp hair, I apply some hair mousse. Mine is the Pantene Defined Curls mousse, and I really like it because it does not make my hair clumpy once it is dry, as some other hair mousses tend to do. I just use a bit of it on wet hair, as I'll add some more afterwards.



That is pretty much all I do while my hair is still damp. I never blow dry it, because as it is quite dry I don't want to use heat on it. I let it dry naturally, and try NEVER to go outside when it is still wet - this is the best way to get frizzy hair, so avoid going outside with your hair wet if it is curly.
Once my hair's finally dry, I apply once again some mousse in it, just to give a final touch to the curls and make them hold, give them a bit more shape.
I also like to add some dry oil to the length and ends of my hair, and my favourite oil is the Huile Prodigieuse by Nuxe. It smells amazing, and gives more shine to my hair. Be careful not to put too much of it, otherwise your hair will look quite oily and we don't want that!

(just realised the whole thing looks like clips taken from a video, oh well too bad YouTube is not for me!)

Aaaand that's it! Most days I just keep my hair down and pin the front bits of the side otherwise it just falls on my face. Of course I don't straighten it - why would you get so much effort into getting curly hair right only to remove all the curls once it's done? :P

I hope you found this routine helpful! There's not that much in it, I have phases when I'll take a lot more time and use a lot more products on my hair, but at the moment I'm quite happy with it looking that way.

Tell me in the comments if you have curly hair, and if you do, what are your favourite products to style it! I'm always trying out new products, so recommendations are welcome!
FOLLOW ME ON: BLOGLOVIN' ¤ INSTAGRAM ¤ TWITTER
 ♥

You May Also Like

3 commentaires

Disqus comment count